What to expect when you return to Public Mass:
The main entrance doors will remain locked. Please enter the building through the Adoration doors on the North side.
An usher, with the reservation list will greet you and check you in upon arrival. Please arrive early so that you can be seated in time for the start of Mass. If you don’t have a reservation, you will not be allowed in for Mass.
Social distancing will be practiced at all public Masses. You will be escorted to your pew by ushers. Although you will notice a lot of open seating, we are only allowed to seat 10 people per space. Parishioners should follow the guidance of the usher or posted sign and can expect for rows/pews to be roped off. Couples and Families who live together can sit together, but should be spaced more than 6-feet from other families.
Everyone is asked to wear a mask (except children 3 and under), and parishioners are encouraged to bring their hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing wipes.
TEMPORARY Liturgical Changes:
1) There will not be a physical collection or offertory procession. We have placed a donation box in the Narthex where you can drop off your offering.
2) The exchange of the Sign of Peace has been suspended.
3) Congregational singing is not encouraged during this time. Hymnals have been removed from the pews.
For those receiving Holy Communion, please follow these instructions:
- Holy Communion will only be distributed under one Species.
- Those distributing Holy Communion will sanitize prior to distribution.
- Per decree from Archbishop Aquila, Holy Communion will only be distributed in the hand during this period of time.
- For the reception of Holy Communion, we have determined that the safest way to receive is to approach the minister wearing a mask and receive the Host in your palm. Step to the side and with your dominate hand pick up the Host, remove your mask with the other hand and consume the Eucharist. Please remember to maintain social distancing when coming forward. For your convenience, the center aisle has been measured and marked off.
After Mass, you will be invited to leave in sections to avoid congestion in the exits and will need to leave the building immediately. Thank you for your collaboration.
*For the health and well-being of those who are Home Bound or in Nursing Homes distribution of Holy Communion is suspended until further notice. Thank you for your patience.